Monday, March 21, 2005

Trip to Jakarta, Indonesia, 3-6 March 2005

I won 3 free tickets to Jakarta, sometimes in January 2005. The free tickets were part of AirAsia.com promotion to their new flight destinations.

Jakarta is a wonderful place. It's much bigger than Kuala Lumpur in terms of size and population. Like other big cities, there are many huge shopping complexes, which, for me, comparable to KLCC or Time Square in Kuala Lumpur. Food is good, you could easily find halal food anywhere as it is the most populous Muslim country on earth. Traffic jam is a norm in Jakarta, you should avoid being on a vehicle during peak hours. I missed visiting Pulau Seribu, so could not comment on the beaches and islands.

Jakarta people are friendly. I don't know, but as soon as they notice that you're from Malaysia, you can expect warm smiles from them.

A picture paints a thousand words. I've created a dedicated blog for my travelling experience in Jakarta. And, I will upload photos to the blog, daily. You may browse the pictures at http://duangatjakarta.blogspot.com/

Happy surfing :-)


Monas in Jakarta Posted by Hello

No comments: